In Style (what does this mean?)
CAD $ USD $3195.00
$750.00 deposit required.
Remaining balance collected 60 days prior to departure.
• Delve into the cuisine of Bangkok on a Private Food Tour • Explore the Grand Palace, home to the King of Siam • Immerse yourself in the famed nightlife of Silom • Cook a three-course meal in Chiang Mai • Shop for the perfect souvenir at the Chiang Mai Night Bazaar • Learn about, and spend time with, the majestic Asian Elephant • Witness sunset from Doi Suthep Temple above Chiang Mai • Marvel at ancient temples in Sukhothai • Jump into the cool waters of Erawan waterfall • Lounge poolside at our luxurious hand-selected lodges and hotels
Have a question about this trip? Interested in a custom or private departure that suits your schedule and budget? Ask one of our Adventures Specialists
The Land of Smiles awaits on this exquisite journey, our Gay Tour of Northern Thailand. Wander the mesmerizing Grand Palace and devour your way through the streets of Bangkok. Discover care, compassion, and connection with the Asian elephants of Chiang Mai. Then switch gears with a casual bike tour of Sukhothai–the nation’s first capital–before wrapping up the trip in Kanchanaburi, most well known for the Bridge over River Kwai. Please note: our December departure coincides with New Year’s Eve, so consider that for an exceptional way to celebrate. Or pair your trip with our relaxing Phuket Beach Break.
• Arrival transfer to accommodation booked through OUT Adventures
• Group leader from beginning to end of tour
• 9 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 4 dinners
• 4-star or higher accommodation (9 nights)
• Grand Palace & Wat Pho tour (Bangkok)
• Local food tour (Bangkok)
• Doi Suthep Monastery (Chiang Mai)
• Thai cooking class & dinner (Chiang Mai)
• Temple Tour by Songthaew (Chiang Mai)
• Sightseeing in Sukhothai Historic Park (Sukhothai)
• Elephant experience & ride (Sukhothai)
• Sri Satchanalai Historical Park
• Sightseeing including the Allied War Cemetery and the Bridge over the River Kwai (Kanchanaburi)
• Erawan Waterfall visit
• Travel insurance package covering medical, trip interruption & baggage loss. Click here for more info
• International Airfare
• Departure Transfer
• Meals and activities not outlined in itinerary
• Gratuities for Tour Leader ($50-$100 USD)
• Gratuities for drivers, hotel staff, porters (approximately $30-$50 USD)
Maximum of 16 travellers per group. Departure is guaranteed, subject to 4 people travelling.
Allow USD $500 for meals not included, tipping, and personal items.
Sawadee Krap! Welcome to Thailand. Our trip begins with a 2PM group meeting, followed by a food tour of culinary delights to fuel the many adventures ahead. Then we head for for Silom – a financial district that can really let its hair down – to scope out the gay nightlife.
Soak in Bangkok by river en route to the gleaming spires of the Grand Palace. Here, you’ll encounter the Emerald Buddha, highly regarded as the Palladium of the Kingdom of Thailand. We then venture to Wat Pho to marvel at the majesty of the Reclining Buddha. Feast on a local lunch before enjoying some free time by the infinity pool.
Our day begins with a flight from Bangkok to Chiang Mai: Thailand’s Jewel of the North. We’ll enjoy an orientation walk upon arrival, leaving you the afternoon to explore. Then things get cooking with a culinary lesson where we’ll make our own meal to savour as the sun sets. And finally, the evening is yours to enjoy in solace, or join us out for drinks.
Relax this morning, as we literally have a big day planned with one of the world’s friendliest beasts. Today’s excursion is all about the Asian Elephant. We’ll learn about their health, then join them on a ride through the jungle. In the evening you may relax, or stroll near the hotel with fellow travelers.
Another day forward, and we’ve stepped back in time. Today’s temple tour is a glimpse into the Lanna Period, replete with chanting monks and a sultry sunset from the mountain Doi Suthep, where copper-plated stupas compete with sweeping views for your attention. Tonight’s dinner is included, then we’ll stroll the Chiang Mai Night Bazaar for some friendly haggling and souvenir-hunting.
Today we travel to Lampang to visit one of Thailand’s most sacred temples, said to enshrine an ancient relic of Buddha. We’ll then make our way to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Sri Satchanalai to explore a few more ancient temples. Our day ends with an included dinner at our luxurious hotel laid out amongst the rice fields.
Sukhothai Historical Park is the first capital of Thailand, which we’ll explore today with a leisurely bike ride. After a fantastic feast of a picnic lunch, we’ll settle in for a long drive to Kanchanaburi hotel where we’ll enjoy an included dinner.
This morning we set off for the cascading Erawan Waterfall. Dip into the crystal-clear waters and take a moment to soak in all the experiences thus far. Then we’ll move on to Kanchanaburi town, where you can walk across the infamous Bridge over River Kwai. The day ends back at our resort, where you can relish the facilities and enjoy another included dinner.
Our adventure draws to a close, and we make our way back to Bangkok with a solemn stop at the Allied War Cemetary en route. Upon arrival at our hotel, you will have some free time on your own before our included farewell dinner and optional drinks.
There are no activities planned today, so you are free to depart at your leisure.